April 28, 2011
It's true what they say, it's always sunny here, or at least almost.
And spring has almost turned into summer already, with a lot of sandals and bare feet around.
And that's why I didn't want to post these photos. Wrong season.
But these days have been a bit grey and humid and strange, and looking at these I thought they were quite fitting.
From some grey february walks around town. And around a very famous pavilion.
I hope to be back soon with fresh photos of ice cream and sun and Italy.
April 15, 2011
Some weeks ago in Munich with my sister. At a sweet café called Aroma.
Pretty light, ginger tea, a grey wall and cookies to share.
I'll spend the next few days in the university library working on my project. And on Wednesday we are flying to Italy for some days. I can't wait!
Happy weekend to all of you!
And thank you so much for reading and commenting, always.
April 10, 2011
· We had 25 degrees and sun every day, which got me pretty distracted from all the school stuff
· I had to put aloe vera on my neck and shoulders to soothe my sunburn from last weekend's picnic on the rooftop terrace
· I ate my first strawberries of the year and they already were to die for...looking forward to the whole season
· I spent time in the sun with a dear friend visiting from Munich with her red haired fantastic baby girl
· I got an iphone and played with it, a lot
· Yesterday I did a yoga class that last all day. And I slept so well last night...
Now we're going to have breakfast with our neighbours and plant some herbs on the terrace (I won't forget the sunscreen this time!). And in the afternoon I should finally get some work done.
Have a good good Sunday.
April 01, 2011
These are photos from the inside, the outside and the café of the Haus der Kunst in Munich.
It's an impressive colossal Nazi building on the verge of the Englischer Garten and we saw two great exhibitions there.
"Move" is about the interaction between art and dance since the 60's. Most of the works were interactive (In the photos you see my sister in Bruce Nauman's 'Green Light Corridor' and climbing her way through William Forsythe's 'The Fact of Matter'. Oh, and the gorilla? That's me...it was freaking hot under that mask).
"Future Beauty" shows japanese fashion of the past 30 years. Really inspiring.
And then they have a beautiful café, of course, with golden walls, a huge wooden table and this fantastic chandelier above it.
On another note, it's suddenly summer here, a bit to early if you ask me. But the sunshine has been beautiful these days, it has been distracting me from my schoolwork, and that's a good thing sometimes isn't it.
Happy beginning of April!